ABC or Multi-Purpose extinguishers utilize a specially fluidized and siliconized mono ammonium phosphate dry chemical. It chemically insulates Class A fires by melting at approximately 350°F and coats surface to which it is applied. It smothers and breaks the chain reaction of Class B fires and will not conduct electricity back to the operator.
Fire Extinguisher INSPECTION in CA:
Frequency of Inspection – Initially done when the extinguisher is placed into service. Thereafter extinguishers shall be manually inspected at least monthly by the building owner, occupant, or his/her authorized agent.
Manual inspection of the extinguisher will include but not limited to:
- Extinguisher is located in designated places
- No obstructions to access or visibility
- No evidence of physical damage, leakage, corrosion or clogged nozzle
- Safety seals are not broken or missing
- Pressure gauge reading in operable range or position
- Fullness determined by weighing or hefting